Things To See and Do in the Monteagle/Sewanee Area
Of course we have plenty of stuff to keep you busy for days at the cabin, but if the itch to adventure strikes, then you will find plenty of options within just a short drive.
- Visit the Campus of the University of the South at Sewanee. The architecture is amazing and a it makes for a wonderful stroll on a spring day.
- While there, stop by the village and enjoy a beer at the local tavern or just shop at the variety of artisan markets.
- Take a Hike! There are numerous trails and paths ranging from casual to a serious hike.
- Visit the Grundy Forest Natural Area. Its amazing.
- Rent bikes in town and pedal your way down the Mountain Goat Trail.
- Go Spelunking in one of the several area cave sites.
- Eat a fine meal at High Point. Reputedly the former home of Al Capone's mistress, now a steakhouse that he would have been proud of.
- On weekends, find a deal at the local flea market in Monteagle.
- Friday and Saturday nights at the Old Smoke House feature free live music starting at 6:30. Good food and great tunes in a family friendly environment
- Go Fish. Many of the small lakes are streams of teaming with fish. So drop a hook and hope they're biting.
- Wander into Dave's Modern Tavern for a surprisingly eclectic menu prepared by a phenomenal chef (Dave, of course).
- Stop by for a wine Tasting at the local Inn.